Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, February 24, 2017

Some Birdie Loves You

Hello and welcome to my blog! I want to show you a card I made using the StampTangle Chickadee and a saying from the Sentiments 3 stamp set from Just For Fun Stamps. I love birds and this is one of my favorites! I love the stamptangle stamps because you can color them in many different ways and get different looks using the same stamp.





I stamped the bird with Versa Mark ink, added white embossing powder and heat set it. Then I colored the bird using various colors of Twinkling H20s. I also colored the Memory Box Fresh Foliage die with gold TH20s and added it above the bird. I love these paints because of their beautiful shimmer. Here is a closer look at them.






I used a fun technique for the background. I put a few drops of light green acrylic paint on a piece of packaging plastic and spread it rather thinly over the plastic with a brush. I laid a darker green piece of paper on top of the paint and then another piece of plastic on top of the paper. I then pressed and patted down on the plastic with my fingers. Next I lifted off the paper from the plastic and came up with a neat looking background. This is called the dentrite technique.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you will enter our Sweet Things challenge here. You still have a few days left! You might even win a store gift certificate! 

Have a wonderful day!





3 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

I cimmented on the JFFRS blog, but had to leave you some love here too...BEAUTIFUL card April!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Awesome card! Your background turned out so well!

Conniecrafter said...

gorgeous, I love the colors on the bird and the gold branch, the background is fabulous too!

Blog Archive