Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, June 20, 2016

Birthday With Friends

Hi and welcome to my blog. What can be better than celebrating a birthday with friends? My stamping friends and I celebrate our birthdays at a favorite scrapbook store where we spend the day stamping, chatting and eating cake! It is always a fun day. We just celebrated a birthday the first of this month and we are ready to celebrate again in July. I want to show you the birthday tag I made with these cute House Mouse friends. I just bought the stamp and numbers dies today!




I followed Tim Holtz's techniques for his June tag. I sponged a tag with Distress inks. I then took out some white tissue paper and stamped the music and birthday on it. I covered another tag with white school glue and adhered the stamped tissue paper on the tag and smooshed it around a little to make wrinkles. When this dried, I used Tim Holtz's numbers dies on the tag. I adhered this tag over my background tag for the colors to show through the numbers. The image was stamped, colored with Spectrum Noir markers, fussy cut and pop dotted to the tag. The ribbon was colored using Distress inks. I also added stickles glitter to the cupcake.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a wonderful day!


Challenges entered:

House Mouse and Friends:  A Day Spent With Friends
12 Tags of 2016 :  June
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Animal Magic

8 comments:

Lori said...

Hi April, I love your tag! I am a die hard House Mouse lover. I used to own my own group called "The best of House Mouse". Apparently we are neighbors here in South Carolina! I am in Easley and would love to hear from you and find out where you are! By reading your profile, it looks like we have some things in common. If you choose to contact me, my e-mail is pepperirish @ yahoo dot com.

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful cute tag, love how the cute meets arty.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that is just too adorable and you did great with the technique!

Beth Brovold said...

What a fabulous tag...the perfect way to enjoy friends!! Thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!
Take care,
Beth

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a neat background! I like the numbers and the small music print. Great overall :)

Sue said...

Hi April, loving your bright fun tag. Super cute image, colored up beautifully. The background music is perfect for a birthday too. Thanks for sharing with us and joining the challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

KarinsArtScrap said...

April fantastic and great tag beautiful done
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member



Unknown said...

What a fun and fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs,
Snoopy ​♥

Blog Archive