Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Oldies Technique #17 -- Coloring With Embossing Powders

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. It is officially Fall so I want to show you a neat Oldies technique that looks beautiful with leaf stamps. We will be "coloring" with embossing powders.




Supplies you will need:


several colors of embossing powders ( I used powders with glitter in them )
watermark ink ( I used Versa Mark ink )
anti-static bag
paper to catch embossing powders
heat tool


Rub the anti-static bag over the card stock so that the embossing powders do not stick where you do not want it. Ink your stamp with Versa Mark ink and stamp onto the card stock.







Here is the fun part. Take pinches of the powders and sprinkle over the leaves one color at a time. It does not matter if you overlap. The overlapping makes the colors blend into each other.







Take the heat tool and melt the powders. I love how the colors just pop!




That is all there is to it! I hope you have a fun time trying this technique. Have a great day!



Challenges entered:


Scrapy Land:  Add An Image -- (Spellbinders small oval die)
Simon Says Monday Challenge:  Love This Technique (coloring with ep)






11 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous color combination on the leaves! I love the way it turned out and I have never tried that technique so thank you for the instructions! I think I will have to try that today! Great card, love the covered bridge image too! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #26!

Donna Ellis said...

How delicate and gorgeous! Love how pretty the colors are blended together like that - the image itself is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty! Love this technique April. The card is awesome. Great fall image and love the colors you chose.

Sue said...

Hi April, love this Fall card, colors are so rich. Great technique too. Beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

Shona Erlenborn said...

Back wearing my other hat! Wonderful card, love the embossed leaves. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this looks amazing! Love how the embossed leaves turned out and great barn image too. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the beautiful leaves!! The colors are fabulous!! The covered bridge scene is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Scrapy Land Blog Challenge!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Michelle said...

Lovely card, April! The leaves are fabulous! Perfect for Autumn. Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

scrappymo! said...

Love the look of this...so delicate and perfect!
Also like that image...such a great feeling of Fall on your card.

scrappymo! said...

Love the look of this...so delicate and perfect!
Also like that image...such a great feeling of Fall on your card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful. Love how you created the fall leaves with the embossing powders and I love your coloring of the little scene too.

Blog Archive