Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, September 15, 2014

Flowers Say Hello

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. I want to share a card I made using lots of flowers and distressed layers -- my favorite things in making a card! My inspiration came from this photo over on the Sizzix blog.


The Sizzix Challenge Inspiration


I love the magenta, pink and green combination. I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the background paper and highlighted the raised areas with green ink.



I used the Tim Holtz Alteration flowers dies by Sizzix to make my flowers. I added Champagne glitter, from Sparkle N Sprinkle, to the edges of the petals. The leaves are also from the leaves Sizzix die. I edged them with brown ink to make them stand out more.






I just bought this gorgeous Ornate Frame by Sizzix and was so happy to be able to use it right away! I added Copper Flame embossing powder to it by Sparkle N Sprinkle. I love the look it gives. I also added an acetate window over the saying to add a shiny look.







I had a fun time making this card! I am entering this card into the Sizzix  and Joan's Touch challenges.
Thanks you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


Challenges entered:




7 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Wow April this is so beautiful. Those are some of my favorite colors and I love your design and your shabby chic feel to this card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Shona Erlenborn said...

Totally awesome, April! Absolutely love the background the frame and the acetate. Just gorgeous!

scrappymo! said...

This is beautiful, April. The colour combo is very prety and love your new ornate frame die!

Donna Ellis said...

how pretty, April! The inspiration piece is clearly visible in your lovely card. The EP'd frame is very striking, and I especially like the dry embossed areas in your green layer! xo

Eret said...

So beautiful! Love the distressed layers and your pretty flowers. Really gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Eret

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card! Love the glittered flowers and the beautifully framed sentiment!!

Ohhh Snap said...

Congratulations!! : D Beautiful card, well deserving of the win!

Blog Archive