Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a good day. Well, Spring has sprung here in our area. The trees and azaleas are beautiful! I want to share a tag I made for Tim Holtz's tag challenge for the month of April. I had fun using the lattice cut from tag board. I used a brand new mixed media embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Copper Flame and added in some Sparkle N Sprinkle Candlelight and Cerulean Star embossing powder with it. I love how the lattice turned out. Here is a close up of it. I love the shimmer and shine.




I also used some washi tape with birds on a wire that I recently received from a good friend of mine. She knows I love birds. Thank you so much, Kim! It went perfectly with this tag. Speaking of birds, I used my favorite bird stamp. He looks so chirpy for Spring!



To see Tim's demo, please click here. I always enjoy working with his fun techniques. Here is my completed tag with my handmade flowers.


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!
Happy Spring!

Challenges entered:

Crafty Hands:  Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons:  Flower Power
Creative Knockouts:  Spring is in the Air
Stampin' For the Weekend:  Favorite Stamp





14 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Wonderful creation
Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Cindy van Oorschot said...

What a pretty tag, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty hands challenge.
Cindy DT

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous tag and I really like how you combined the different embossing powders. I'm loving the new Copper Flame.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! That combination of powders really pops up beautifully, April! Did you sprinkle the other colors in different places to achieve the multi-color look? Speaking of beautiful... so is your tag! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super tag April! Love the embossed lattice - these new powders are awesome! Those handmade flowers are so pretty and I love the color combination.

Kim S said...

Pretty Card April.. did you use a shiny mirror type piece in the middle of the lattice? Striking.. in any event!

Crafting Vicky said...

Fabulous tag! Love the awesome details and the flowers!!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in with our Flower Power challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Mayras Designs said...

What a beautiful tag you created !!! I love the details and design !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Stunning tag. The lattice is gorgeous and I love that embossing powder. Gorgeous flowers and overall just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck. Maggie - DT

*Ang* said...

Great tag April. Fabulous techniques used! Thanks for sharing at Creative Knockouts.
Hugs, Ang x

Shirley said...

Love the tag and what you did with the trellis. BTW, I looked at your instructions for the last card and also at Tim's for the trellis tag. TFS the links!

Julie said...

Fab tag - I love that bird stamp!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our "your favourite stamp" challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is AMAMZING!! I LOVE the FUN Design and all the extra touches of Sparkle and Pretty!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Blog Archive