Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Autumn's Loveliest Smile and Technique

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for dropping by today. I want to show you an Autumn card I made using the "no iron batik" technique.  I have been in a Fall mode lately. I love the colors, smells and crisp air of Fall. This technique is perfect for those leaves stamps you might have for Fall. I used the Sparkle N Sprinkle Swirly Oak and Swirly Maple leaf in stamp set 410.


Supplies needed:
  1. white coffee filter
  2. Versa Mark ink
  3. clear embossing powder --  I used Velvet Sparkle EP437
  4. Distress Stains
  5. Swirly Oak and Swirly Maple Leaf stamps
  6. heat tool
First randomly stamp the leaves onto the coffee filter using Versa mark ink. It will be hard to see where you stamped. It helps to turn the coffee filter as you stamp to get a better even coverage.


Next sprinkle on the embossing powder and heat it with the heat tool.



The reaction of the embossing on the coffee filter makes the images look waxy so there is no need to iron off the powder. Now start pouncing different colors of stains over the coffee filter starting with the lightest to the darkest.



I hope you enjoy making some Fall cards using this technique. Have a wonderful day!

April

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a vibrant result on the coffee filter. Will have to give this a go!

Eret said...

April, your card is gorgeous. I wonder, is it possible to use something else instead of coffee filter. I haven't found any similar coffee filters in Estonia. Thank you for the tutorial. It looks really awesome!
Hugs,
Eret

April said...

Thanks for the kind comment, Eret. The coffee filter gives the waxy look like ironing off the embossing powder the regular way. I don't know of anything else that might work like these.

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous! you always make the best tutorials and beautiful cards, April - I will send Eret filters LOL

Blog Archive