Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, March 11, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Acetate and Tissue Paper


Hi Everyone! Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday. I am looking forward to Spring, aren't you?  I am using a new Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set with my technique today. It is called Silhouettes and it is perfect for those Spring cards you are making. 

Stamp Set 493 - Silhouettes
I hope you will enjoy the technique I am showing, so here goes!


Supplies needed:
  1. acetate or thin plastic
  2. white tissue paper
  3. clear glue
  4. Staz On Jet Black ink pad 99704
  5. clear glitter ( I used Bridal G1029 )
  6. markers
  7. water spritzer
  8. white card stock
  9. reinkers ( I used blue and green )
  10. gloves ( optional )

Stamp your image on the piece of acetate using Staz On Jet Black ink. This is permanent so that it dries on the acetate and doesn't smear.


Take the other flower stamps and color directly on your stamps with markers.


Spritz the colored stamp lightly with water and stamp onto the white card stock.



Now take the stamped acetate piece and turn it over on the non stamped side. Add clear glue all over the image. The clear glue makes it easier to see what you are doing.


Drop a few drops of reinkers into the glue. I used blue at the top and green at the bottom. 


Take your finger and smear the reinkers into the glue. I tried using white glue at first and found the reinkers got too muddled.



I wanted to add a little sparkle to my piece, so I sprinkled some glitter over the glue and spread it around with my finger.


Now take the white tissue paper and place it over the glue and glitter. If you want it less wrinkled, press the tissue paper more into the glue.


Now for the last step! Take the white card stock that you stamped the colored flowers on and press this on top of the tissue paper.  Let all of this dry well. You will see that you have the color showing through behind the silhouettes, and that there is a soft background with shimmer. 


Now cut out the piece in the shape you want it and add to your card. Thanks for stopping by. Have fun with this technique and have a wonderful day!

April

10 comments:

Katy said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty! I am pinning so I can try it soon! Thank you! :)

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun technique, April! I want to try it, too! Thank you for taking the time to document it and explain the little tips! It looks great with those colors and Beccy's new stamp set! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

This not only looks amazing -but it looks like fun to do! Hope to give it a go soon!

Anne Temple said...

This is amazing looking! How do you come up with all these fun techniques - every week?!? I definitely want to try this and this stamp set is on my wish list.

Brenda said...

Fantastic technique!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Great color blending.

Shanna Shands said...

This looks like a super fun technique!

Cammy404 said...

April,
What a fun idea! Your card looks so elegant and soft. I love it!! It sounds like a fun technique to try!! It works perfectly with the stamp set. Lovely card. :)

Unknown said...

I posted this card on Facebook yesterday....make sure you read all the wonderful comments!! Great Job!! and beautiful card:)

E. Marie said...

April, this really came out beautiful. Wonderful technique!!

Blog Archive