Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 14, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Mitten Pouch


Hi Everyone! Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! I am happy that you stopped by. I want to show you a cute winter gift that is easy to make. My mitten has a hot chocolate pack in it.



Supplies needed:
  1. mitten template
  2. 2 pieces 6  1/2  x  6  1/2  of the same patterned card stock
  3. 1/8"   Tear-ific Tape
  4. fine point black felt pen
  5. white card stock
  6. pencil
I made my mitten template by tracing around my hand on white card stock and it worked very well.


Cut out the template. Put the 2 pieces of patterned card stock with their backs together and lay the template on top. Trace the template lightly with a pencil. Take off the template and cut out the mitten with the 2 layers of patterned card stock. This way you only have to cut the pattern once and you will have the mittens going in the right direction. Take your pen and make faux stitching on the front piece.


Now place the tape on the inside of one of the mittens, peel off the backing and adhere the other mitten to it. Now you have made your pouch! Easy!




Tie the ribbon around the base of the mitten and add image and embellishments.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy making this gift to send to someone special!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Sir Pengie 3558-438K
  2. Cloud Nine velvet glitter GM2000
  3. Black Suede velvet glitter GM2009
  4. Sparkling Snow glitter G1003

3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this super idea.

Anne Temple said...

Adorable gift and such a clever idea. Great coloring of the image too!

Brenda said...

Tooooooo cute!!! Could use some hot chocolate right about now, it's been colder out here than back east!!! Adorable little gift idea... and love Sir Pengie!

Blog Archive