Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 7, 2013

Flower Power


Hi Everyone! Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! I trust all is going well with you in this new year.  I want to show you how to make your own flowers to match your scrapbook page or card.  I made up a whole bunch of  flowers for this scrapbook page and still  have a few left over for another project!


Supplies needed:
  1. Stamp set Blossoms 429
  2. Spellbinders Blossoms 3 dies
  3. patterned paper and and solid card stock  (colors to match project)
  4. glitter -- I used Champagne glitter G1045
  5. glue  -- Brushable glue 540
  6. water spritzer
  7. paint brush or tool to work flowers
  8. scissors
  9. hard foam pad
  10. paper towel or tissue
  11. pearls
I first stamped flowers from the Blossoms set all over my patterned paper and cut them out using the Blossoms 3 dies to match.




I did this with all of my papers and card stock.


Once you have cut all your flowers take scissors and cut between the petals.


Take the spritzer and spritz a flower with water  (not too wet) and blot with a tissue or paper towel.


Now put the flower on the hard foam pad and start working the petals with the end of the paint brush or flower tool.


After you have worked all the petals, then push down in the middle of the flower to make the petals come up more. Set aside to dry. The flowers will dry stiff and stay in the position you have worked it.


When the flowers dry put them together and add pearls, etc. to the centers. Then add glitter to the edges.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will try making some flowers for your projects.  Have a wonderful day!

April

7 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

The layout is so pretty, April - just love the vintage look you have achieved, and the pretty contrast of the PAP layers. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! Love the crinkly look on the petals!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous April! Holy smokers... very victorian and fabulous job on the flowers.

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous layout and your flowers are gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Wonderful tutorial and such an elegant, classy layout. Lots of texture and dimension.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love that rich red and the image is gorgeous, loving those flowers too thanks for sharing how you made them
Lindsay xx

Kate said...

April, this is gorgeous!! Your flowers are stunning - especially with the glittered accents on the petals! Wow!

Jude said...

Love your flowers! Very pretty. thanks for the great lesson!

Blog Archive