Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 22, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Gold Leaf Acetate

Welcome back to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday! Today I want to show you an easy technique.  I used the Zebraon my card, but this technique would also be great for all those Fall cards you are making.


Supplies needed:
  1. acetate sheet
  2. double sided sticky tape sheet or Xyron machine
  3. gold leaf pieces
  4. stipple brush
  5. black permanent ink pad
  6. stamp
I ran my acetate through the Xyron machine.


Peel off paper and add gold leaf pieces to the sticky side of the acetate until it is covered. Press the pieces down with your fingers.


When it is covered, take the stipple brush to brush off and stray pieces.


Stamp image on the other side of the acetate with permanent black ink.


This is such an easy technique, but one that will wow! Have fun trying it! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle n Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Zebra 1758-337N

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What an incredible look, April! I'm off to check out the technique and get it added to the T&T page! Thank you!

Brenda said...

What a fabulous idea! Have totally forgotten about my gold leaf stash and had never thought to use it on acetate - gorgeous!!!

Sue said...

Stunning, love the technique and the image.

Hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

Loved this tutorial you put up on the SNS blog. Haven't tried that, but will now:) Beautiful card!

Barbara Bruder said...

This technique is very striking. I really love the look this gives. Very nice job!!

E. Marie said...

The gold leaf behind this image looks awesome. Beautiful card and great technique.!!

Blog Archive