Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- UTE Cosmos

Welcome back to Technique Tuesday. I am showing a technique that Peggy showed us in our local stamp club meeting earlier this month. These backgrounds are really neat.
 
                                                     Sparkle N Sprinkle 





Supplies needed:
  1. medium colors of cardstock
  2. Versa Mark ink pad
  3. 3 colors embossing powder -- I used Silver Detail, Cerulean Star and Log Cabin
  4. ultra thick embossing powder -- mine is a pearl, but you can use clear
  5. heat gun
  6. black Sharpie pen (optional)
  7. black permanent ink pad

First pat the Versa mark ink all over your cardstock.


Now add pinches of the embossing powders and sprinkle them over the cardstock, sprinkling each color one at a time. You do not need much.  Heat set the embossing powders.



Take your Versa Mark pad again and tap it all over the cardstock.  Sprinkle on some ultra thick embossing powder and heat set.



Now you have a pearly, textured background.  Now stamp a solid image onto the background using permanent black ink. If you want you may color in some areas that didn't stamp well with a black Sharpie pen. I wanted the ducks and umbrella to look like they were being rained on,  so I did not use the pen to color in areas.  It depends on the look you want.
Here are some other backgrounds that I made using this technique.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy trying this background technique. Have a great week!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Cerulean Star embossing powder
  2. Log Cabin embossing powder
  3. Silver Detail embossing powder
  4. Swirl Ducks
  5. Swirl Umbrella

2 comments:

Brenda said...

another fun card :)

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic technique, April! Thanks for sharing it. It's now added to the T&T page of the SNS website for perpetuity LOL I really like the sheen and texture - looks very rainy! LOL

Blog Archive