Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Watercolor on Canvas



Hi! It's Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle! Has everyone been scorching like I have lately? I hope you are keeping cool and I hope you have a wonderful and safe 4th!  My technique today is watercolor on canvas! I just purchased some sticky back canvas and had to give this a go.


Supplies:
  1. canvas -- I used sticky back canvas
  2. die ink pads
  3. permanent black ink pad
  4. water pen or brush and water
  5. water spritzer
  6. stamps
  7. craft sheet
  8. markers -- I used Tombow
First I went around my canvas piece with the sew easy tool. If you want a sewing look this is one way to show stitching. I then connected the dots using a fine point permanent black felt tip pen.



Next stamp your images on the canvas  using permanent black ink.


Using the water spritzer, spritz the canvas with water until it is pretty wet.


Now take one color of ink pad and pat onto your craft sheet and pick up color with a wet brush or water pen and start to color your images.


After coloring, let the canvas dry. You can also use your heat gun to help it dry faster. The colors will look a little faded at this point.


Take your markers and color in areas to shade and make darker.


I used a saying stamp and lightly stamped it several times across the piece to add some interest and then I added glitter to make it sparkle! I hope you have enjoyed the technique today. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Swirl Butterfly sm. 3544-437H
  2. Pansies 1692-327K
  3. Waterscape glitter G1108

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see how it's done - gorgeous!!!

Blog Archive