Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, June 4, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Punching in Circles


It is time for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday again! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I saw this punch technique recently and I just had to try it. It seems that I am always looking for a different circle frame.  I only have a few circle frame die cuts, so here is a way to customize your own by using corner punches.


Start with a circle. I used a 4 inch circle die. I am using mostly Martha Stewart corner punches. Remember to open out the wings of these punches before you begin.


As you see I have turned the punch upside down in order to see where I am punching. Go into the circle and put the punch right on the edge of the circle making sure you are not off the edge and punch.


To make the next punch, line up the left corner of the punch to the right corner of what you just punched and also make sure the punch is on the edge again. So from now on remember corner and edge as you go around. Not all of the punches will make a perfect complete circle, but you can always add some kind of embellishment over it so no one will notice. This punch just happened to turn out great.


Here are some more that I punched. Just keep trying to see which ones will work well.


Now as you can see this one really looks wacky,  but I still used it because it looked like a tree to me.


And this is the card I made with it.


I also tried using a punch of a different brand ( EK Success ) and this is how it turned out. I will still use it and cover up the blank area.



When you get going on these it is a lot of fun to see how many nice frames you can make, and they look so different from all the other dies that are out there. I hope you have fun making these. Thanks for stopping by!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Zendoodle Rainbow birds
  2. Daisy 0464-115G
  3. Black embossing powder
  4. Lemonade glitter
  5. Shamrock glitter
  6. Bubblegum glitter




4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so intrigued!!! I'm off to check out the technique!!!

Unknown said...

April, your techniques have been great and I'm so thankful for your talent...thanks for sharing!

Julie Z said...

These are great April! (I haven't been able to comment on the SNS blog recently - technical problems; so I thought I'd leave it here instead!)

Kate said...

What a great technique! Your cards look fabulous with the little hand-punched circles. I just went to try it out and am so impressed with this idea! Also, I never knew that the corner punches have wings to pull out!! Thanks for the double lesson in this post!

Blog Archive