Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mosaic Stamping




Here are some cards I have done with the Mosaic Stamping technique. This was fun and it gives a neat  and different look to a card. I cut some flat rubber into very small pieces and stuck them mosaic style onto a clear acrylic block with double sided tape. You can buy a flat rubber gasket at the hardware store if you do not have rubber left over from unmounted stamps. Use white or light colored card stock , stamp an image or images and color them. Ink up your mosaic block with clear Versa Mark ink and stamp this over your colored image. Then sprinkle clear embossing powder over this, shake off and emboss. Now choose a darker color of ink for the background and either brayer or sponge the color over the whole card stock. Use a tissue to wipe off excess ink. I hope you like this look and will have fun trying this technique!

1 comment:

Bonnie McLain said...

WOW April, I love them all... and all for different reasons... I love the top one, as I have a heart connection to the Native American Experience... so I love the deep reds and the urns... love it....

The second one is so very delicate...Love the feminine touches on this... and the label is lovely... love it...

Now the next one is COOL feeling... and right now I really need that cool feeling all over me... it is a wee bit hot up here... I would like to be one of those fish...

And the last one... I LOVE PURPLES.... butterflies and flowers... so what more could I ask for in a card...

AND the background is lovely... will write you later about that... I love all these... great cards...

Blog Archive